Lomi ComposterRegular price $499.00
Did you know that 43% of food waste in the U.S. happens at home? The average American wastes about 360 pounds of food every year. That's a lot of methane! A Lomi can lower your food waste emissions to zero. This one-of-a-kind kitchen composter does the messy work for you and gives you dirt you can use for your plants and garden. The Lomi can handle almost any kind of food waste. Just drop the scraps in and you’ll have soil in as little as 4 hours. You can also add a LomiPod to speed up the process.
- Run times range from 4 to 20 hours
- 3 Modes
- Eco-Express (3-5 hours): low energy consumption and fastest results
- Lomi Approved (5-8 hours): bioplastics, compostable commercial goods, and packaging that are Lomi approved
- Grow (24 hours): low heat and longer duration preserves microorganisms most help to the soil and promote carbon storage in soil
- Includes starter set of charcoal and LomiPods
- Climate-neutral manufacturing and supply chain
- 18.9 lbs (8.6 kg)
- 2.5 liter Capacity
- 16” W x 13” D x 12” H
Directions: The Lomi Composter is easy to use right out of the box. Put the charcoal in the top and back filters. Then put in food scraps and start the machine. You can add a LomiPod to enhance the composter’s performance.
About the brand: The inspiration for the Lomi was born when founder Jeremy Lang saw our trash problem firsthand on a beach vacation. The company he founded, Pela, conducted many rounds of testing and engineering, before launching the Lomi on Earth Day 2021. The crowdfunded kitchen composter has been a huge success, with over 100,000 families bringing a Lomi into their home. Lomi is designed in Canada by Pela, a certified B corporation.